UPSC CGS 2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has given a notification for the recruitment of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2020. Those who are interested in the vacancy meet all eligibility criteria can check-out the Notification below attached and apply Online through the link provided below under important link section of this post.
|Starting Date to Apply Online for DAF (Mains):||14-12-2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online for DAF (Mains):||24-12-2020|
UPSC CGS 2020 Overview
|Name of the Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Job Category||Combined Geo-scientist and Geologist Exam 2020|
|No. Of Vacancies||102|
|Job location||All India|
UPSC CGS 2020 Vacancy Details
|Name of the Post||Total||Qualification|
|Geologist, Group A||79||Master’s Degree (Relevant Disciplines)|
|Geophysicist, Group A||05||M.Sc (Relevant Disciplines)|
|Chemist, Group A||15||M.Sc (Relevant Disciplines)|
|Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A||03||Master Degree (Relevant Disciplines)|
|PG (Relevant Disciplines)|
|Maximum Age Limit :||32 Years|
|Minimum Age Limit :||21 Years|
|Age relaxation is applicable as per rules|
UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam Pattern
|UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam Pattern: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam once in a year. Geologists Exam Pattern details given below.|
|UPSC conducts Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam in three stages.|
|1. Written Examination|
|2. Interview/ Personality Test|
|3. Document Verification|
|1.Written/ Prelims examination:|
|Geologist & Geo-Scientist Prelims exam consists of 5 papers. The examination conducts for various posts under 2 categories. Category -I for Geological survey of India (GSI) category -II for Central Ground Water Board (CGWB).|
|Stream-I : Geologist & Jr. Hydrogeologist|
1.Paper-I: General Studies
2.Paper-II: Geology/ Hydrogeolog
|Stream-II : Geophysicis>|
|1.Paper-I: General Studies
|Stream-III : Chemist|
1. Paper-I : General Studies
2.Paper-II : Chemistry
|i.Candidates competing for selection to the posts of Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist and Junior Hydrogeologist will be required to appear in all the subjects.|
|ii.If any candidate failed to appear in any one or more of above papers, meant for written examination for selection to the post of Geophysicist, Chemist, If any candidate failed wil to appears.|
|2) Interview/Personality Test:The Test carries 200 marks. The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of their career.|
|3) Document Verification: Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate is qualified for Interview/ Personality Test|
- Candidates should pay Rs. 200/-
- Pay the fee by remitting the money in any Branch of Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Female/ SC/ST/ Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates are exempted from payment.
How to Apply?
- Download the Notification from below link
- Read the details mentioned on the notification, if eligible
- Go to Apply Online link below, it will take to the Registration page under the main website
- Fill the Complete and correct information in the Application. Any Incorrect information found can reject the application.
- Upload the Scanned copies of essential documents specified Notification and application form.
- After successfully submitted the application Pay the Application Fee (if any) through Online. You can use Debit Card / Credit Card, (UPI payment Apps some time).
- Take the print copy of the registration for future use, You will get a confirmation email and message on mobile as well.
- Register yourself for an overseas job Click Here
- If this Job is not helpful to you, Write to us Click here or find other jobs Here